It began with President Lincoln, who did to believe the southern states had legally severed ties with the Union.
Uncoil created the “10% plan” that said a state could be readmitted to the Union if 10% of the state’s voters pledged allegiance to the Union. However, the Republicans in Congress did not feel 10% was enough and created their own plan called the Wade Davis bill to require at least 50% of voters to pledge their allegiance to the Union. President Lincoln pocket vetoed the bill, which outraged the Radical Republicans.After Lincoln was assassinated in 1 865, Johnson took office and continued to ark towards reconstruction of the Union. However, he did so when Congress was not in session. Therefore, Congress felt left out of the process. Although President Johnson was able to carry out Lincoln reconstruction plan, there were problems that arose.
Some of the issues were too many confederates in politics and creation of the black codes, which restricted blacks from certain freedoms. Congressional or Radical Reconstruction lasted 1 0 years starting with the Reconstruction Acts of 1867.This plan to restructure the South, did not allow planters to have political or economic control. Martial Law was imposed and Military Governors formed new Constitutions, which were required to accept 13th and 14th Amendments, which abolished slavery, granted citizenship to slaves and equality under the law to all. All adult males were to vote, regardless of color, if they did not support the Confederacy. This final plan brought all the states back into the union. President Johnson was impeached in 1 868 due to the fact that Democrats andRepublicans did not favor him and he vetoed many congressional bills, such as the Freedman’s Bureau Bill, which gave blacks shelter, clothes, food, medical services, and education.
He also vetoed the Civil Rights Act of 1866, which declared all persons born in the United States were citizens, regardless of race or color. After Johnny’s impeachment, the 1 5th Amendment was ratified, which stated citizens of the United States had the right to vote, regardless of race or color. The end of Reconstruction in 1 876 occurred with the election of Rutherford B.Hayes. Politically, reconstruction failed to the extent that President Johnson was impeached because he failed to include the Congress in the process of his reconstruction plan and continually vetoed Congress’s bills. However, it was successful to the extent that the 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments were passed and the confederate states readmitted to the Union. Economically, reconstruction failed to the extent that sharecropping was allowed to thrive due to southern politicians passing the black codes and theDepression Of 1 873 causing the North to lose interest in the reconstruction.
Socially, reconstruction failed to the extent that blacks continued to be treated unfairly even though the 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments had been passed. However, it was a success to the extent that blacks were reunited with family, were able to vote, and get an education. In conclusion, many successes and failures made up the Reconstruction process. The most important success of all was that the Union was reunited again.
DEP2004 Anti-Bullying Proposal and Discussion
Anti-Bullying Proposal Assignment Overview
Bullying is a problem that can be addressed. Imagine that there is an organization that has funding available for a program that will try to combat this serious social problem.
A. For this assignment, you will develop a proposal for an education and intervention program to help reduce bullying in middle and late childhood.
B. To complete the assignment, design your anti-bullying education and intervention program, then answer the questions below. (You will also want to use those questions to help guide the development of your anti-bullying program, to be sure that you are designing a meaningful and evidence-based program.)
C. Please be sure to use complete sentences, and to proofread your answers carefully, as you would if you were really seeking funding for your program in the real world. You would want to make a good impression. Be sure to meet the minimum word requirements.
D. Your proposal MUST incorporate at least TWO reliable outside sources (in addition to the textbook), and they must be correctly referenced in your proposal using APA format. Use APA format to cite your sources in a brief reference list at the end of your proposal. To be clear, the ONLY element of this proposal that needs to be in APA formatting is your in-text citations, and your references list.
Please answer the following questions:
1. Please provide an overall description of your proposed anti-bullying program. [200 word minimum][This is where you will tell us what your program is all about. What will happen, who will be involved, how long it will last, etc?]
2. How will you engage children’s peers, families, schools and/or their community to reach your goal of decreasing bullying? [100 word minimum] [Your program may not involve all of these, so answer in a way that is consistent with your program.]
3. Children in different life stages will react differently to attempts to influence their behavior. Describe ways that your program specifically addresses 3 important physical, cognitive and and/or socioemotional developmental characteristics of children in middle and late childhood, that will make it more likely that your program will be successful. [200 word minimum] [In other words, what characteristics of children in middle and late childhood did you take into account when you designed your program, and how are you trying to take advantage of those particular characteristics?]
4. Explain specifically why you think the elements of your anti-bullying program will actually be effective. [150 word minimum] You need to cite in your explanation at least 2 references (in APA Style), not including the textbook, to support why you believe your approach should be successful. [APA Style in-text citation is the type used in the textbook, where the author and publication year appear together, like this (Nelson, 1999).]
5. Explain your program assessment process. How will we know if your program successfully reduces bullying or not? [50 word minimum]
6. Provide a References list of your non-textbook sources, presented in APA format.
Here is a link with APA formatting instructions for electronic resources, as well as useful examples:
APA Electronic Resource References