Nanking, the former capital of the Republic of China used to be a place with hundreds of Westerners and native Chinese peacefully living together. When the World War II broke out in the 930s, the Imperial Japanese Army was enraged with their warrior mentality of eliminating the weak races. Unfortunately for the placid lifestyle of the people in Nanking, they became an easy target. In the documentary about the 6-week period of turmoil in Nanking, survivors all had one primary description on the way the Japanese army had treated them – no more than dogs.Even after decades, the horrorifying memories in the Nanking massacre still haunt and bring tears to the witnesses – both foreigners and natives. Men are typically the frontliners when there is war. Yet, the aftermath falls greatly on the silent victims – the fragile women and innocent children. In the case of Nanking, what happened wasn’t even a war. The residents were taken by surprise by the hovering fighter Japanese planes dropping bombs randomly. The entire area of Nanking were treated like a bomb chute.According to those who have witnessed the terrifying period, when they look at the sky, all they could see were fire and smoke; and when they look on the ground, all they could see were blood and terror on the faces of their people. And the horrorifying experience didn’t end with bombs and other ammunitions. Women were raped and children were killed. Fathers, husbands and sons could only curse and cry out loud to see their mothers, wives and sisters being abused by the Japanese soldiers.What happened in Nanking was a perfect description of inhumanity. It is very unfortunate that something so horrible as the Nanking massacre happened in the history of man. A part of history when tthe concept of a true warrior seemed to be more important than the concept of compassion and peace. Hopefully, the stories of the survivors of the massacres become lessons to the present and future generations.
Narrated PowerPoint Presentation (PPT):
Narrated PowerPoint Presentation (PPT):.
This assignment is designed to help students
- Develop an appreciation for informatics, basic skills and knowledge required in practice settings. Students selected a “hot” topic of particular interest to their practice to discuss in Week 6. This week student will develop a narrated slide PowerPoint (PPT) presentation of 8-10 slides summarizing the assignment.
- Refer to the PowerPoint sample template in Course Resources.
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the following ability.
(CO 6) Describe health information systems within healthcare setting and the profession of nursing in all practice domains and settings including electronic health records (EHR), their management and patient-care information technology (IT). (PO 4)
(CO 7) Explore trends and issues in NI and their impact on nursing practice in all domains. (PO 9, 11)
Total Points Possible: 75
The HealthIT 5 “hot” topics of the week assignment for Week 6 will be summarized in 8-10 narrated slides for Week 7. Students will summarize the rationale for choosing the topic, how it will impact practice in a positive or negative manner, including pros and cons. Include discussion of how informatics skills and knowledge were applied in the process relevance to developing the assignment. In the conclusion, provide recommendations for the future.
Preparing the Presentation
- The HealthIT Hot Topic of the Week is a recap of the assignment from Week 6 and must be a professional, scholarly prepared PowerPoint narrated presentation of 8-10 including at least three scholarly references.
- You should have at least 8-10 slides. It is important to note that if you could not give your presentation and someone would have to stand in for you, he or she would need to know what you were going to say. Use the speaker-notes section so that someone may step in for you and not miss a beat.
- Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and citations are consistent with formal academic writing.
Essay Help “>Essay Help