The characters of the novel were drawn by Rizal from individuals who really existed during his clip. * Juan Crisostomo Ibarra – the supporter Represented the flush and broad European educated Filipino ( Ilustrado ) and desired the instruction of the people * Elias – represented the Filipino multitudes wanted to emancipate the people from the unfairnesss suffered from the Spaniards and represented Rizal himself * Maria Clara – The object of Ibarra’s love and fondness. * Trained in a convent and immersed in instruction that is spiritual in orientation. * Salome – Elias’ girlfriend
* Same with Maria Clara epitomizes muliebrity in their fidelity. shyness and modestness and represents Leonor Rivera * Padre Damaso – the chief adversary in the novel.
* A typical domineering mendicant during Rizal’s clip.
* Arrogant. immoral and anti-Filipino
* Often mistaken as a Dominican priest.
* Pilosopo Tasyo – perceived to be a sage by the educated and a moonstruck or
Wyrd by those who did non cognize him. * Represents Paciano. Rizal’s older brother
* Capitan Tiago – Don Anastacio de los Santos
* Husband of Pia Alba
* His wealth came from illegal opium trade
* Example of a subservient Filipino to the Spanish governments for protection and security * Capitan Juan Sunico of San Nicolas
* Sisa – the female parent of Basilio and Crispin
* Symbolizes Filipinos deficiency of concern in facing and deciding jobs facing Filipino society. * But illustrates the typical Filipino female parent. Ready to support their kids from all signifiers of unfairness and accusals. * Basilio and Crispin – represents the Crisostomo brothers in Bulacan * Padre Salvi – represents an immoral and coward mendicant
* Was believed to be Father Antonio Piernavieja. the despised Augustinian mendicant who was killed b the nationalists during the revolution. * Dona Victorina – married woman of Don Tiburcio de Espadana.
* A societal climber. An Indio who wanted to be treated as a Spaniard for her hubby was a citizen of Spain. * Dona Agustina Medel
* Dona Consolacion – kept woman of the Alferez
* Symbolized the outlook of the Guardia Civil: Vulgar. cruel and quarrelsome The novel calls for the Filipino to:
* Regain his ego assurance
* Appreciate his dignity
* Return to the heritage of his ascendants
* Assert himself
* To be to the Spaniards
* Insists in the demand for instruction
* Dedication to the state
* Absorbing the facets of Western civilization that could heighten native traditions
Case study business 4
the case study in the picture I did upload it and there are a questions at the end of case study please don’t forget to answer all questions and see the instructions if in below Thank youChapter 4 Case StudyChoose any case study from this week’s reading. Review the case and provide a one-paragraph summary in your own words. You may include your opinions as long as they are based in the facts of the case. Answer any questions provided as part of the case, including both the question and the answer in your response.
Submit your work here as a Microsoft Word document.
Include your name, course, and date in the upper left corner.
Double-space the body of your paper and be sure that the font is 10 or 11 points.
Use a centered title for your submission (e.g., “Case Study 1: The Sedgewick Hotel, NYC”).
Case summary must be one paragraph (5-9 sentences).
Answer any questions provided, using enough factual evidence, quantification, and specific detail to explain what the question is asking.
Business analysis writing should always been in third person unless it’s presented in a memo or email format.
All writing must be original and your own work. Do not copy anyone else’s assignment! Plagiarism is reported through appropriate academic processes.
Any sources used must be cited in APA format and listed as references at the end of the document.
Written Assignment Rubric (30 Points)
Professionally structure and present your document, avoiding first and second-person writing (except in direct memos) in favor of third-person objective style. Cite any information used at the place in the text where it is used, and be sure that there is a matching reference list entry. Proofread and avoid formatting mistakes.
Exemplary(A)Good(B)Needs Improvement(C)Unacceptable(D-F)Content18 to 20 pointsDemonstrates mastery by appropriately analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating the assigned topic, with explicit references to relevant course content and concepts.
16 to 17 pointsAttempts to analyze, synthesize, and/or evaluate the assigned topic, with adequate references to relevant course content and concepts.
14 to 15 pointsDemonstrates general comprehension of the assigned topic. Critical thinking is limited and/or connections to course content/concepts are somewhat irrelevant.
0 to 13 pointsInsufficiently addresses one or more major components of the assignment and/or demonstrates limited comprehension of the assigned topic.