Project proposal for Recruitment and Selection Topic: Qualitative study of recruitment and selection process of management trainees in SAIL, a Maharatna company. Motivation for choice: As SAIL is a Maharatna company with a huge workforce, recruitment and selection is a prime area of concern for the organization. Steel industry is a labour intensive industry and requires effective managers to achieve high labour productivity. R&S process of SAIL is carried out at national level once in a year.
Job person match as well as job organization match is important to the organization. To ensure person job fit, robust recruitment and selection system is needed. Objectives: * To study the recruitment process of SAIL, a Public Sector Unit. * Analysis of recruitment and selection tools being used * To find out why the tools are used and what alternatives are possible * Suggest improvements wherever possible * Try to measure the effectiveness of the whole process by conducting surveys.
Methodology: * Literature review to find out R&S processes and their applicability * Annual report analysis for take on Human Resource Planning * Analysis of recruitment process: Mode of communication, channels, frequency, application process, talent pool, job description, requirements, internal vs. external recruitment etc. * Selection process analysis: tiers of selection, criterion of selection, type of tests, validity of test etc. Legal issues, affirmative action’s. * Conditions of employment: remuneration, probation, facilities, fringe benefits work conditions, etc. * Qualitative analysis of lacunas in the process and suggestions for alternatives * Interviews of selected employees on job and personal aspiration fit. * Use of some quantitative tools (depending upon data availability) to assess effectiveness of the processes.
mgt 322 as 1
ASSIGNMENT -1 Submission Date by students: Before the end of Week- 7th
Place of Submission: Students Grade Centre
Weight: 10 Marks
1. Demonstrate a deep understanding of the logistic function concepts and theories as well as supply chain management strategies.
2. Demonstrate the ability to understand complex issues pertaining to supply chain integration and strategic supply chain partnership.
This assignment is an individual assignment.
The purpose of this assignment is to identify and apply Logistics and Supply Chain Management concepts/tools to suggest logistics performance priorities. To this purpose, you should search and review about these companies through secondary available information. Think about how you can apply the concepts/tools that you learned in this course.
Write about logistics performance priorities for “Any Saudi” fast food restaurant chain in Covid 19 restrictions; explain why you have come to your conclusions:
The Answer must follow the outline points below:
1. Executive summary (2 Mark, word count rage 400-500)
– Summarize what is logistics performance priorities, what Logistics and Supply Chain Management concepts/tools applied to achieve the company’s objective.
2. Background information (2 Mark, word count rage 400-500)
– Briefly introduce the company background (e.g., name, products, business size, location, internal/external interesting facts, etc).
3. Problem Description (2 Marks, word count rage 400-500)
– Describe the objectives clearly and specifically.
– The objective may involve either logistics decision-making or process improvement.
4. Application of logistics and SCM concepts/tools that applied (2 Marks, word count rage 400-500)
– Describe what specific logistics and Supply Chain Management concepts/tools be applied to achieve the objective. This section should make it clear that you understand the concepts/tools you are about to use.
5- Conclusion and results (1 marks, word count range 200-250 Words)
– Analyze the expected results / the proposed solution.
6. References at least 7 to 10. (1 Marks)
Note: Use APA style of referencing