Today’s business environment requires competency in logistics, operations, and change management. In this assessment, you will take on the role of an operations manager who has to manage product distribution to consumers when faced with challenges. You will choose a change management model to help you address a bottleneck or barrier in your distribution process. As you complete the assessment, use your experience as a seller or consumer to identify best practices for getting products to customers.
You are the operations manager for a musical instrument manufacturing business in Mount Vernon, Washington. The company has been designing and hand finishing solid wood mandolins for over 30 years. Mandolins are fragile, stringed instruments that vary in size based on the retailer’s request, but the most popular size is just over 27 inches (0.6858 meters) in length and 10 inches (0.254 meters) in width. The average cost for a mandolin at the company is $2,500. The company has earned a strong reputation because it uses only high-quality, solid wood materials, and it prides itself on designing and hand finishing over 250 mandolins per week. When a mandolin is ready to be shipped to the retailer, great care needs to be taken to ensure that the product is not damaged or broken. The manufacturer delivers to retailers in the United States and Europe and generally receives orders between April and October.
In mid-October, when you still have 1,000 orders to fill to meet retailer demands for the holiday season, your company begins receiving low-quality raw materials from a preferred supplier that you have used for 20 years. The wood breaks when the mandolin is being manufactured, which results in a high number of defects, reduced manufacturing capacity, increased wait time between manufacture and hand finishing, and missed delivery date commitments. Retailers are very upset that they are not receiving full orders, and your company still has no commitment from the supplier on the next high-quality shipment of solid wood materials. Retailers have expressed their concerns about the company’s ability to recover from this issue in time to deliver mandolins for the holiday season.
During this time, an insurance adjuster wants to inquire about the insurability of your company’s overall operations. The insurance adjuster sends a request for information to you as listed in the requirements for this task.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. The similarity report that is provided when you submit your task can be used as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
Tasks may not be submitted as cloud links, such as links to Google Docs, Google Slides, OneDrive, etc., unless specified in the task requirements. All other submissions must be file types that are uploaded and submitted as attachments (e.g., .docx, .pdf, .ppt).
A. Discuss options and considerations for transporting the product described in the scenario to the retail facilities by doing the following:
1. Identify two different product packaging options and explain why you chose them.
2. Identify two different potential risks to consider when storing your product and describe how you will mitigate each risk.
3. Describe two transportation modes to move your product from the manufacturer to the retail facilities. Then explain an advantage and a disadvantage of each chosen transportation mode.
4. Describe two different characteristics of the transportation management system (TMS) that will aid in transporting the product.
B. Discuss how you would address a barrier or bottleneck in transporting your product to the retail facilities by doing the following:
1. Describe how a barrier or bottleneck from the scenario can affect transporting the product.
2. Choose either the Lewin or ADKAR change management model and discuss how you would apply each step of the chosen model to address the barrier or bottleneck from part B1.
3. Discuss how you will address an ethical consideration for the barrier or bottleneck from part B1.
C. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
D. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
File name may contain only letters, numbers, spaces, and these symbols: ! – _ . * ‘ ( )
File size limit: 200 MB
File types allowed: doc, docx, rtf, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, odt, pdf, txt, qt, mov, mpg, avi, mp3, wav, mp4, wma, flv, asf, mpeg, wmv, m4v, svg, tif, tiff, jpeg, jpg, gif, png, zip, rar, tar, 7z
The interview dynamic
The interview dynamic.
Part 2 is made up of a single essay style question worth up to 5 points. Part 2 is untimed but must be submitted before the deadline in order to be graded. Respond to the question below and upload your final document as a PDF. To earn full points, you must present your answers in a clear and concise manner. Please write in complete sentences and use proper grammar and correct spelling. Mistakes may be cause for point reduction. You must use and cite appropriate course readings (in APA style). Students are not allowed to use direct quotes and should use formal writing. Responses that include direct quotes will lose at least 50% of the points. Further, students should not use resources from outside the course or friends/classmates to answer the questions. You must include a references page (written in APA style) that includes all of the resources cited in your responses to the questions. Essay Prompt: In your own words, explain broadly the interview dynamic (i.e., the relationship between the child, interviewer, and target experience and how each generally impacts the outcome of the interview). Next, focus specifically on the impact a child’s abilities and limitations has on the dynamic. To earn full points, tie in the developmental literature (e.g., developing ability to communicate; memory and suggestibility) to support your response. Note: Because you are discussing a dynamic system you might find it helpful to specifically present how the child impacts the other elements.
Essay Help “>Essay Help
Health Care: Outbreak Investigation
PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS AND FOLLOW RUBRIC…THANK YOU Introduction Today’s business environment requires competency in logistics, operations, and change management. Health Care: Outbreak Investigation.
As an epidemiologist investigating a Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) outbreak, you have been tasked with developing an eight to ten-item questionnaire to investigate the situation. You will also write a brief report that explains the questionnaire. Your report should address the following:
• An explanation of your questionnaire; o Why you selected the questions used on your questionnaire in other words, why the questions are important to your investigation, and what information you hope to uncover; o The target audience of the questionnaire (i.e., the respondents), and why you chose them; o The location of the target audience; and o How you will distribute the questionnaire. Be sure to include general and specific information you would need to know from those you are interviewing. Your questionnaire and paper should meet the following structural requirements: • The questionnaire should consist of eight to ten questions.
• The paper should be at least two pages in length, not including the cover sheet, reference page, and questionnaire pages.
• Formatted according to APA • Provide support for your statements with in-text citations from a minimum of four scholarly articles. Two of these sources may be from the class readings, textbook, or lectures, but two must be external.
Essay Help “>Essay Help