Next, I must come up with analytical judgement which I want to focus on the how Netflix focuses on inclusion concept, so I need to select some key passages or a sentence from the text that seem standing out about inclusion. My professor said no more than 3 selections, so I decide to do choose 2 debatable ideas. The first one I think when Dr.Smith talks about inclusion lens seem interesting because by using the word lens can get all the production people involved to promote strong inclusion concept in workplace. Lens are also used for equipment for camera men, I think it’s quite genius of her to use that word. The second one is in the last paragraph where Dr.Smith quotes “creating a lasting legacy of inclusion in entertainment.” I think it is a beautiful ending and that she also mentions that all her study is still in the early stages including the “inclusion lens” practice. I think inclusion lens practice is an effective start which will be continuously practiced for her dreamed legacy of inclusion. I need to link these 2 ideas together somehow and I also need to cite the 2 quotes in MLA style both in the paragraph and at the end of my paper. These are my ideas, however if they don’t really seem to work out please help me on that. I do appreciate your help.
Important Requirements [MUST FOLLOW ALL]
– Approximately 1,000 words
– An academic essay, double-spaced with one-inch margins. Use a serif font; Times or Times New Roman, 12-point.
– Follow MLA style for in text and bibliographic citations.
– How does it match what you encountered in your field during a work experience? [This let’s just say that it’s important for this modern era workplace atmosphere to respect everyone equally. A concept of inclusion encourages employees to work with their best potential.]
– How do your current writing skills match what is presented in this document? What, if anything, does your text reveal that you must do to be able to write with authority in this business discourse, as a member of a discourse community? [Maybe let’s just talk about when I write I would like to consider about humanity issues such as equalities, diversity, LGBTQ community, so I wish to promote human equality when writing as a member of discourse community.]
– Quote specific, carefully chosen, and sufficient evidence from chosen text.
– Offer detailed observations of evidence.
– Offer specific, arguable judgments, in analysis, of how and why knowledge is ordered
and transmitted in the observed evidence from the chosen text.
– Offer the thick logic behind judgment, engaging the specificity and complexity of
evidence and judgment.
– Offer specific connections between text, as analyzed, and student’s own career interests,
preparation, and current writing skills.
– Show understanding of paragraph focus and development.
– Follow proper in-text citation conventions.
– Display proper grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
Other Guidelines [DO NOT NEED TO FOLLOW ALL OF THEM]
I have also provided some more guidelines for this assignment, however these we do not need to follow all of them. They are just some ideas for writing.
• How does this passage work? Why does it work that way? Then offer the thick logic behind this judgment—how did you arrive at this judgment?
• A coherent and lucid essay demonstrating penetrating understanding of the writing in your field, rather than a disjointed series of answers to questions.
• A penetrating, debatable, arguable analytical judgment. This is more
than mere summary or descriiption. We’ll need focused descriiption of elements of the document,
of course—but we can’t argue with a descriiption. We want a judgment and we want the
articulation of how we arrived at that judgment, the thick logic behind judgment.
• What does this text tell you about the kinds of matters, problems, or challenges that concern
professionals in your field? What is the purpose of the text? Does the text pass on
information? Knowledge? Instructions? Does it persuade? What knowledge does it assume the reader has already? How is this text to be used? How does this text function in the day-today or longer-term activities of the company, agency, department, or discipline at which it is aimed?
• What are your observations about this text in terms of one or
more of these elements? What strategies does the text follow in arranging these elements?
Does it favor one kind of element over another? When, why and how does it use text? Visual
elements? Does it balance elements? How? Why? Does it bring together, or “batch,” certain
kinds of information, knowledge, materials? How does overall format and organization relate
to purpose, or the way this text is meant to be used?
• Who is the reader? How do you know? How are specific appeals to the interests, needs,
desires, or concerns of this audience made? Is it clear what the audience should know, feel,
and/or be able to do upon reading this document? How is this clarity put into place?
• Consider the stance of the author/authors. Does the author make her or his presence or
identity known? Why or why not? Does the author forward and defend a point of view or
report facts or findings as an objective observer (or possibly both)? Quote examples from the
• Consider elements of style at the sentence level. What is the diction, or word choice, used in
this document? Is it technical/semi-technical/non-technical? Journalistic? Does the writer use
specialized terminology or everyday language? Why? How would you describe the tone or
feeling of this text? Quote examples of how the author uses language to achieve his or her
aim in this particular piece of writing.
• Is this document successful, in your judgment, at achieving its aims? What are its strengths?
What, if any, are its weaknesses? Would you propose to change anything in the document,
improve it? How? Why?
Thank you very much.
Teaching students to reach competency
Teaching students to reach competency.
Students are pushed to learn a set amount of state standards for each grade level. They are driven in the class to cover every standard that is required. They may never comprehend the information, but they are taught the information. After a year of teaching the students will receive a passing grade or failing grade. They may pass with 70%, but did they learn the information? Does the letter grade mean the students understood the information? Standardized testing average grades based on all students. Does that show a student’s knowledge of the course? More and more schools and colleges are moving away from letter grades and requiring students to reach competency or mastering the content. (Western Governors University, Reed College, Brown University) Create an annotated bibliography in which you do the following: 1. Include a minimum of 20 entries, 15 of which must come from published sources, whether they are accessed online or in print (e.g., books, journal articles, white papers).
2. Include references that represent a variety of perspectives on educational theory, educational trends, and educational practices. 3. Include peer reviewed or academic sources for the majority of the entries. 4. Summarize (suggested length of 2–4 sentences), in your own words, the main ideas of each reference provided. 5. Discuss (suggested length of 1–2 sentences) the intended audience for each reference provided. 6. Explain (suggested length of 2–4 sentences) how each source is applicable to your research for the research/vision paper. 7. Explain (suggested length of 1–2 sentences) how each reference relates to one of the following: ● current issues in education ● disparate points of view ● diversity and/or range of student ability
This bibliography will be the bases of a 25 page research / vision paper that will focus on that the future of education should focus on teaching students to learn not just to pass with a letter grade. Students should not move to the next grade level because they passed the standardized test by one point. Students must show competency or mastery of a subject.
Essay Help “>Essay Help
Time Limits for Competency Restoration.
Hello, I need to write a discourse analysis approximately 1,000 words. I choose a topic about how Netflix builds Time Limits for Competency Restoration..
In Jackson v Indiana, 406 U.S. 715 (1972), the U.S. Supreme Court held that the person “cannot be held more than the reasonable period of time necessary to determine whether there is a substantial probability that he will attain that capacity in the foreseeable future.” The Court did not dictate what amount of time would be reasonable, leaving that determination to the states. The legislatively authorized time frames are quite variable, ranging from a few months to multiple years. Reference to case decided by the U.S. Supreme court. Jackson v Indiana, 406 U.S. 715 (1972) at http://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/406/715/ Review the maximum time limits for competency restoration that have been proposed by the National Judicial College as Best Practices at http://www.mentalcompetency.org/ Write an essay of about 300-400 words in word format. Use the American Psychological Association (APA) style (6th edition) for writing your assignment. Cite specific statements from the referenced material. The essay should answer the following questions: What are the maximum limits for competency restoration? To what extent would legal scholars and behavioral scientISTs agree with these limits? Support your assertions, citing evidence from the text and the video Competency to Stand Trial. Do you agree? In your opinion, what period of time would be reasonable for attempting to restore competency to a defendant found IST (i.e., after what amount of time should a defendant found IST be released if competency has not been restored)? Should statutory limits vary based on seriousness of offense charged?
Essay Help “>Essay Help
Contested Bail Application
Contested Bail Application.
Lynette Tandy has been accused of GBH under s20 Offences Against the Person Act 1861. It is alleged that on the 14th June this year she became involved in an altercation with the barmaid in the Horse and Crown Pub in Hadersham. It is the prosecution’s case that Miss Tandy attacked Miss Jones (the barmaid), with a broken glass following an altercation regarding the defendant’s ex-partner Gary Shields, with whom Miss Jones now has a relationship. Miss Jones suffered a 4cm gash to her face and concussion in the incident. Miss Tandy claims that she flung the glass out in front of her in self defence as Miss Jones was launching herself towards Miss Tandy whilst threatening to “mess her up”.
Miss Tandy has no dependent children living with her but has a severely disabled child living in a nearby residential care home whom she visits twice a week. She has been living on her own since February when she separated from her former partner Gary Shields. Other than her daughter, the only family she has in the area is her cousin; the rest of her family live in Canada.
Miss Tandy has no previous convictions. She works as a school dinner lady and is also a community governor at the same school. If Miss Tandy is remanded in custody she will undoubtedly lose her job. In addition to this she runs a youth group at the local Church every Thursday evening.
Some of the witnesses to the altercation have said in their statements that Miss Tandy and Miss Jones had had previous altercations over Mr Shields and that something like this was bound to happen.
Miss Tandy is due to appear at the Magistrates’ Court where she will plead not guilty to the charge; it is likely that the Magistrates will send the case to the Crown Court. The issue of bail will need to be decided…
For your assignment you will need to produce:-
(a) a bail application (defence) in relation to Miss Tandy
In order to do this successfully you will need to make reference to the criteria laid down in s4. Bail Act 1976.
If you are making a (defence) bail application then you should also include suggestions for bail conditions.
Essay Help “>Essay Help
The role of communication in Tuckman’s Forming-Storming-Norming-Performing group development stages
The role of communication in Tuckman’s Forming-Storming-Norming-Performing group development stages.
Write a 1200-word position paper on the role of communication in Tuckman’s Forming-Storming-Norming-Performing group development stages. (If you are not familiar with Tuckman’s group development concept, search the WWW for helpful sites such as http://www.businessballs.com/tuckmanformingstormingnormingperforming.htm Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the role of communication in group development Write a clear introduction that sets up the main theme and the structure of the document, a coherent body, and a logical flow of one section to another. Accurate grammar, spelling, and writing style
Essay Help “>Essay Help
Drug abuse in Adolescence in New York City Schools
Drug abuse in Adolescence in New York City Schools.
Drug abuse in Adolescence in New York City Schools 1. Please identify a practice issue/ problem for school social workers. 2. Discuss the prevalence and impact of this issue in schools and clearly define the roles and responsibilities of the school social worker in treating the problem. 3. Identify existing and promising interventions. Provide empirical support for the interventions 4. Discuss practice implications that may exist these interventions are used in school This paper should be based off of New York City students Please discuss each questions 3 outside references and 3 reference from the book The school services Sourcebook by Cynthia Franklin (2013)
Essay Help “>Essay Help