Human resource management systems are expected to communicate ethical values and so improve company performance. In the absence of a fully separate ethics department, HR departments can struggle with this ethical burden. A 2008 study done by SHRM, the Society for Human Resource Management, showed that over 50 percent of employers did not make ethical considerations part of their employee evaluations.
About half of employees did not think they had means to find ethical advice within their company, and even 19 percent of human resources professionals felt pressure to compromise their ethical standards, coming from multiple directions within their companies, though the HR department was the primary resource for ethical information in 80 percent of studied companies. One of the ways the HR department can support ethics management for their company is through the maintenance of a code of ethics.
Briefly, an ethical code for a business should help employees build trust with each other and their company, while clarifying any uncertain or gray areas that may exist in the company’s ethical considerations. Instead of only supporting existing ethical standards, a proper code of ethics should seek to raise the standard and improve employee behavior. The code should show members of the company how to make judgment decisions and encourage such proper decision making, while at the same time providing enforcement protocols to prevent misconduct. When writing the code of ethics, an HR department should be sure to do the following:
Create clear objectives for the code and other ethical endeavors to accomplish within the organization. Bring all levels of the organization into the process of creating the code, gaining support throughout the company. Check on all the latest legislation, both national and state, that may affect the company’s ethical processes, expectations, and requirements, so that the ethical code can be as current as possible. Use the clearest language possible, making the code accessible and simple to understand. Willingly answer realistic problems and address real-life scenarios so that employees will have clear answers to their questions.
List several resources for employees to seek continuing ethical education, from other reports by the HR department to helpful Web sites that can provide guidance. Keep in mind that the code of ethics is meant to be used, making sure that it is communicated to all levels of the organization and readily available to any employee who may need aid making judgment calls. A code of ethics is only one part of the entire ethical system in an organization. The HR department should also make use of several other ethical tools to ensure employees are practicing right-behaviors and fully understand their ethical requirements.
Case Study Analysis – Digital Marketing,Case study analyses are an excellent way to see how business management practices play out in the real world. Whether the focus is on Finance, HR, Operations, or, in our case – Marketing, well-written cases provide
Case Study Analysis – Digital Marketing,Case study analyses are an excellent way to see how business management practices play out in the real world. Whether the focus is on Finance, HR, Operations, or, in our case – Marketing, well-written cases provide.
Case study analyses are an excellent way to see how business management practices play out in the real world. Whether the focus is on Finance, HR, Operations, or, in our case – Marketing, well-written cases provide detailed examinations of the problems/opportunities a business faces, the actions it takes to address these, and the outcomes that resulted. Whether these outcomes were positive, negative or mixed, there is much to be learned from a careful reading of cases. For many MBA students, working with cases is one of their favorite learning experiences.
For the second assignment in our course, we have an excellent case on a well-known (and much-admired) company – Starbucks. In 2015, Starbucks Corporation received 20% of its payments in the U.S. via its mobile app. It also discovered that 94% of Facebook users were fans of Starbucks or friends with fans. This case study explores Starbucks’ use of its mobile app, social media, and digital marketing, which helped to drive customer loyalty and increase its customer base, stock price, and revenues.
For this assignment, you will apply the key concepts from Weeks 1-7 of our course to evaluate the use of digital marketing technology, and recommend strategies to drive customer loyalty and increase customer base.
1. Read the “Starbucks’ Loyalty Reigns” case.
2. Write a paper that addresses the following:
a. Introduction (suggested length: 1- 2 paragraphs)
• Give a brief summary explaining what is happening in this case.
• What is the problem/opportunity facing Starbucks?
• What actions were being considered to address the problem/opportunity?
b. Analysis (suggested length: 1- 2 pages)
• According to the case, what types of digital marketing tools and social media platform technologies does Starbucks currently use?
• How has the use of these digital marketing tools and social media platforms led to customer loyalty and increased growth?
• Has Starbucks used the correct digital marketing tools and social media platforms? Explain.
c. Recommendations (suggested length: 1- 2 pages)
• How would you drive customer loyalty and increase customer base using the digital marketing tools and social media platforms differently? For example, if your research and analysis shows that the company would benefit from using specific mobile apps other than its own or a social media platform it is not currently using, explain why these digital marketing tools would be beneficial.
• Note: You should also view the company’s website and recent SEC filings to help inform your recommendations.
Professional Formatting Requirements
• Typed, double spaced, professional font (size 10-12), includes bolded headings and subheadings (to identify main topics and subtopics), with one-inch margins on all sides.
• References must be included and provide appropriate information that enables the reader to locate the original source. Application and analysis of course materials and resources is expected, and additional research is welcome.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name), the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
• Your submission should be 4 to 5 pages in length. Your paper may exceed 5 pages if you have relevant additional material that you feel should be included. However, excessively long or redundant submissions may actually reduce your grade. Remember, effective business communication is focused and efficient.
Essay Help “>Essay Help