It has been 2 years sine the board approved the first phase of Nueva Aldea project. Nowadays, there are some different opinions about the second phase inside the company, to construct a new pulp mill or to forward integration into paper manufacturing? I will suggest you to continue investing on the new pulp mill because of three reasons, the high revenue of pulp product, the risk of failure in paper industry, and the increasing demand and price of pulp. First of all, it is obviously that Arauco keeps high profit in current industry. It is not necessary for Arauco to enter a new industry, especially the paper manufacturing. According to Sales Revenues report, the operating margin increased from 23% to 31.3% from year 2001 to 2003.
On the contrary, the profit margin of the Top paper companies in 2002 arrange from -4% to 11.8%, most of which was around 1%-4%. By analyzing the profit data, we can find that even the highest profit margin of paper manufacturing is still much lower than Arauco’s. As a result, there is no reason for Arauco to step into paper manufacturing industry. Second, it will be very risky for Arauco to enter paper manufacturing. Through the history of Arauco, it has no experience in paper manufacturing. Besides, Arauco need to invest a huge number of money to build up paper mill. What’s more, from the low profit margin, we can find that the competition of paper manufacturing is already very intensive.
Arauco will face the direct competition from both domestic and abroad. Since the paper market inside the country is not very big, Arauco need to export paper product to other areas, such as North America, Europe, and Asia. The high cost and high risk of paper transportation will hinder the success of Arauco’s paper business. Finally, the increasing demand and price of pulp provide a good chance and reason for Arauco to invest on its pulp business.
According to the Credit Suisse analyst report, March 9, 2004, although the price of pulp decreased in the last three years, due to the increasing demand of paper consumption in future, the price of pulp will increase. Meanwhile, Arauco has already controlled its costs much lower than other pulp producers. If Arauco can sustain or improve its cost controlling methods, considering the stable cost of maintaining forest and other operations, the increasing price of pulp will dramatically expand our profit margin.
As a result, what Arauco needs to do is to develop new technology to make the cost even lower and to increase the production to fit the market demand in future. Arauco has already very successfully in forest management and pulp producing. In order to ensure the continuing success in future, Arauco should choose the horizontal expansion plan, constructing a new pulp mill, since the pulp business’s revenue is much higher than paper manufacturing, the entrance of paper manufacturing is very risk, and the increasing demand and price of paper will ensure the profit in pulp manufacturing.
American literature research essay.Please consult and incorporate at least four sources. You may use more sources, but you may not use fewer without a grade deduction. At least some of the sources need to be something other than a dotcom source – could be
American literature research essay.Please consult and incorporate at least four sources. You may use more sources, but you may not use fewer without a grade deduction. At least some of the sources need to be something other than a dotcom source – could be.
The role of the Hero: Compare and/or contrast any two poems, plays, or stories we have read this semester in terms of heroism. What IS a hero? Can you think of some characters who are heroic in some fashion? Some possibilities: Emily, in “A Rose for Emily”; the narrator in “The Yellow Wallpaper”; Desiree, in “Desiree’s Baby”; Willy Loman, in “Death of a Salesman”; the grandmother, in “A Good Man is Hard to Find”; any of the characters in “The Open Boat”; Bernice, in “Bernice Bobs her Hair”: any of the narrators in the Harlem Renaissance poems? The narrator in Byron Herbert Reece’s poem “The Stay-At-Home”?
1. Please consult and incorporate at least four sources. You may use more sources, but you may not use fewer without a grade deduction. At least some of the sources need to be something other than a dotcom source – could be a book, an e-book, an academic article, etc.
2. Your essay should include some quotes from the primary source (the story itself), and it should also include some quotes or paraphrases from secondary sources (biographers, historians, literary critics). Caution: If you Google the story, you may find information in sites like Wikipedia, Sparknotes, enotes, various free essay sites, cummingsstudyguides, Cliff Notes, various blogs, etc. You may certainly browse through those as a starting point, but for a college level academic essay, these are not considered reliable sources. Do NOT quote them or include them in your works cited page. Your sources should usually be written by authors who hold Ph.D.s, and they should be considered authorities in their field (a professor who holds a Doctorate in Faulkner studies, for example). One way to find good sources is to scroll down to the very bottom of a Wikipedia article. There you willl find a list of reliable academic sources that the author of the Wikipedia article used to write his or her article. You may read and refer to some of those original sources and cite them in your essay, but don’t cite Wikipedia itself.
This essay should not just be a collection of quotes strung together, however. Make sure the bulk of the essay is written in your own words, and just include a few short quotes to support your points. Also, don’t just randomly drop the quotes in the essay. Make sure you introduce the quote (establishing the credibility of the source), insert and cite the quote, and analyze the quote. Here’s an example: Acccording to one noted Faulkner biographer, “To read Faulkner means to get used to sex, murder, rape, abortion, impotence, ecstasy, sober brutality and intoxication, human tornados, psychic hurricanes and vampires” (Seyppel 20). Some of those gothic elements are evident in “A Rose for Emily”, as can be seen by looking at the last few pages . . . “
So here I introduce the quote, insert and cite the quote, and begin to analyze the importance of the quote.
3. Be sure to include both parenthetical citations and a Works Cited List.
4. Your last page shoud include a Works Cited List. Only sources actually mentioned (quoted, summarized, or paraphrased) in your essay should be listed in the Works Cited page.
5. * Important: For help with sources, ideas, parenthetical citations, works cited pages, and Writing and Citing in general, access our library web site: http://libguides.northgatech.edu/literature Click on the Writing and Citing tab and then on MLA style.
Essay Help “>Essay Help