Each student will write a report (6-8 pages/double spaced) with headings that describes the following:
1. Describe the population under “study” in the ethnography – their “social location” (you may need to do some research on this… cite references); identify your own social location and any biases that were uncovered reading the book
2. Explore, then analyze, how the history and political economy of the city, state, or national government directly or indirectly affect this group/family/aggregate; describe, if applicable, the environmental effects on the family/group/aggregate
3. Discuss, compare, and contrast, the group/family/aggregate’s cultural traditions, considering strengths and weaknesses from that culture’s point of view
4. Compare and contrast the prominent behaviors exhibited by the population and the outcomes resulting from these behaviors
5. Describe the dynamics of the group/s studied and interactions with the larger community; identify and describe the stressors affecting the group/family/aggregate
6. Identify and analyze any coping mechanisms (adaptive resources) used by this sociocultural group (as they relate to living in the community at large)
7. Postulate how community health practitioners can advocate and become activists for this group/family/aggregate as well as provide recommendations.
Add in Social Location section/ make sure APA format is up to date, delete quotes and add in explanation on concrete detail. Make sure clear grammar and good elaboration per each bullet area.
APA Format Each student will write a report (6-8 pages/double spaced) with headings that describes the following: 1. Describe Essay