He did whatever he could to get her to fall in love with him and marry him. Much like Fitzgerald, Gatsby met Daisy in the South and fell in love with her. He tried whatever he could to get her to fall in love with him and have a relationship with him. Fitzgerald loved to go to lavish and wild parties while trying to please the girl he loved, much like Gatsby. Fitzgerald and Gatsby both idolized the rich (Gallo 92). Like Gatsby, Fitzgerald was driven by his love for a woman who symbolized everything he wanted, even as she led him toward everything he despised.
In the beginning of The Great Gatsby, Nick Carraway moves from Minnesota to New York to go into the bond business. He lives right beside Jay Gatsby, who throws lavish parties. Nick’s cousin Daisy lives not far from him. After a while of living next to Gatsby Nick discovers that Gatsby is in love with his cousin, Daisy. Gatsby talks Nick into gettign Daisy to come over to his house so that she and Gatsby can reunite. In The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald shows the lack of morals present in the raoring 20s through Gatsby, Daisy, and Tom.
Jay Gatsby shows a lack of morals in the novel The Great Gatsby. He came from a family that didn’t have much. They lived in North Dakota. He always admired the rich, and wanted to be just like them. He attended college at St. Olaf’s College, but he dropped out after two weeks. He joined the army and was in Louisville when he met Daisy.
He fell in love with her instantly. He lied to her about his background. This shows his lack of morals and inability to tell the truth. He told her that he was wealthy. After the war, Gatsby went to Oxford to get an education.From then on he tried his hardest to win Daisy back. He got into bad things to get money, again showing his moral incompetence.
He participated in organized crime, including distributing illegal alcohol and trading in stolen securities (Leone 49). Every weekend Gatsby throws magnificent parties, where people he didn’t even know would show up and drink all night. He did all of this to get Daisy back. Gatsby and Daisy reunite at Nick’s house. From then on Gatsby and Daisy spend time together quite often and become fairly close.This shows that Gatsby has no respect for the institution of marriage. Daisy seems to have fallen in love with gatsby again.
Gatsby knows that Daisy has a husband, yet he is still having an affair with her. He knows its worng, but he loves Daisy so much that he believes that she belongs to him. He will do anything for her. After tom accuses Gatsby of being in love with Daisy, Gatsby and Daisy leave. On the way home Daisy is driving Gatsby’s car and murders Myrtle in a hit-and-run. Gatsby loves Daisy so much that he says that he will take the blame for her.Gatsby is a guy who doesn’t have many morals.
He does whatever he can to get rich and please Daisy. Daisy Buchanan is another example of someone who doesn’t have any morals. She is a girl from a very wealthy family. She is very beautiful and all the guys want to be with her. She started spending time with Gatsby and fell in love with him. They made love before he went to the war and she told him she would wait for him (Fitzgerald). But she ended up marrying Tom instead.
Tom was from a ver waelthy family and she knew he would give her a wealthy lifestyle.This demonstrates her lack of morals. They had a child together. She never really cared too much about the child though. She was a very selfish woman. When Gatsby found out she was married he tried his hardest to win her back. When Daisy met Gatsby again she knew that she loved him.
She started spending a lot of time with him behind her husbands’ back. She may have been spending so much time with Gatsby to get back at her husband, because she knew that he was having an affair (Eble 34). After awhile she made it very obvious that she had a thing with Gatsby.It made Tom very mad, and he and Gatsby got into a fight. After the fight Daisy drove with Gatsby back home. On the way, Daisy hit Myrtle and killed her. She went home and when Tom got back they made up.
Myrtle’s husband, George, came by and asked Tom whose car it was that killed Mrytle. Tom told him that it was Gatsby’s. So George went and killed Gatsby and then himself. Daisy never went to Gatsby’s funeral adn moved away without telling anyone where she was going. Daisy doesn’t have any morals. The only person she cares about is herself.
Individual Written Assignment
Individual Written Assignment.
This assessment task provides students with a written exercise to assist in developing their critical thinking and understanding of some important management issues. It encourages students to research the topics, and to critically analyse and reflect on the issues presented in the materials provided. This information is then to be written up as a Business Report addressing the questions raised.
You must use the following Essential References and cite all of the references A-D.
View and analyse the YouTube clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku6SAMsyHbo
- Download, read and analyse the following articles:
- Banerjee, S.B. 2011, Embedding Sustainability Across the Organization: A Critical Perspective, Academy of Management Learning and Education, vol. 10, no. 4, pp.719- 731.
- Haugh H.M. and Talwar A. 2010, How do Corporations Embed Sustainability Across the Organization?, Academy of Management Learning and Education, vol. 9, no. 3, pp.384- 396.
- Mahapatra, P.S. 2013, CSR in TCS – A Case Study, Parikalpana – KIIT Journal of Management, vol. 9, iss. 2, pp.76-81.
- Thite, M. 2013, Interview with Ratan Tata, Chairman Emeritus Tata Group, Global Business Review, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 549-552.
- Read, analyse and apply theoretical aspects in Chapter 5 – Social responsibility and managerial ethics (pp154-194) in Robbins, S, Bergman, R, Stagg, I & Coulter M 2015, Management 7, 7th edn, Pearson Australia, Sydney.
- Consider the significance of the “The Man Who Saw Tomorrow” quote to your work and how it applies to theory.
Your report needs to:
- Research, Analyse, Synthesise and then Report on the Tata approach to Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability.
- Discuss approaches to managing culture and diversity of employment practices in Tata companies.
- Conclude by identifying 3 specific ideas that you might consider implementing in your future as a manager.
Table of Contents
Executive Summary (150 words included in word count)
Body of the Report divided into the Tata approach to:
– Corporate Social Responsibility
– Approaches to managing culture and diversity of employment practices
- Identification of 3 specific ideas that you might consider implementing in your future as a manager.
Reference List (must be HARVARD)
1500 words (+/- 150 words).
References are not included as part of the word count.
Limit direct quotations to:
– 2. A specific quote used to expand on a point you have already made.
– No more than 100 words in aggregate – rather paraphrase and use multiple references of what is discussed in your sources.
The report should be well-formatted. The language used should be formal rather than informal and should be both clear and grammatically sound. Your written text should not include any spelling errors. Avoid using first person and write the report as if it was meant to be presented to a supervisor who was judging your ability to understand and summarise the main concepts and issues raised in the essential references and from your studies in Enterprise Leadership. ANALYSIS and SYNTHESIS are expected not DESCRIPTION.
Essay Help “>Essay Help
Essay Writing at Online Custom Essay
Review This Service